Note: This project was discontinued because of a condition my eyes are suffering and I wasn’t able to maintain the habit of taking pictures. Words and songs are still being collected, even if not on a daily basis.
Here are the songs, words (or term) and pictures for the first fortnight (fortnight means 14 days) of the year, since I decided I’d pick a song, a word and take a picture worth sharing each day (or two, if I skipped a day earlier).
The songs, normally pop into my head or I listen to them on a commercial, on the radio, or are a suggestion that a friend made like a casual thing. Most of the time, I think of the song as if it could be a “soundtrack” for a said moment, and when they pop into my head it’s the “… hmmm, what’s the name of that song again? …”, as if it was in some kind of radio inside my head, sometimes It takes a lot of effort (and friend’s effort) to properly “tag” them.
Songs (you can listen to them via grooveshark, it’s awesome :) ):
- Toque Profundo - Cria Cuervos
- Tenacious D - The Metal
- Royksopp - Remind me
- Cake - Never, Never Gonna Gonna Give You Up
- Epica - The Obsessive Devotion
- The Prodigy - Poison
- Queen - Another one bites the dust
- Metallica - Eye of the Beholder
- Metallica - Am I Evil?
- Real Life - Send Me An Angel
- I feel pretty (West Side Story soundtrack)
- L. Carlton ft. Lee Ritenoir - Closed Door Jam
- A Perfect Circle - Pet (thanks to redzkull for sharing)
- Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
The words (or terms). Be them news, messages, forum posts, stumbled upon links, comments people say, I ALWAYS find an interesting word, be it new or known, if it’s still in my head by the end of the day, that was the word of the day :). Sometimes a day has more than one interesting/awesome word, I use them as spares if the other day’s word isn’t as interesting.
Since I’m bilingual, I’ll have to apologize for the “mixed” words in english and spanish.
- stem cell
- waffle : I ate wafflecakes (a mix between pancake and waffle; and btw, waffle > pancake)
- cuchifrito : via a friend on twitter (mishyfu)
- groundhog : a friend at the office called another a marmot, a groundhog is a type of marmot.
- procrastinate : via two friends on twitter (redzkull and selene82)
- snazzy : was mentioned in the ABCD’s (A Basic Course on Dvorak) first lesson.
- earthquake : sad day of the 7.0 quake near Port-au-Prince in Haiti, January 12, 2010.
Pictures are on my Project365 set on flickr (feel free to leave comments/critique there or here), some numbers are mismatched between the day of the year and the number of the picture, but that’s because I either didn’t take a picture on that day (for whatever reason), or I took a portrait or a picture that had a brand name in it, and I don’t wish to make free publicity OR shatter someone’s privacy.
The purpose of taking these “Project365” pictures is to learn to do stuff with my camera or practice what I already know, and being able to produce one shareable picture a day sounded like a good challenge. The pictures in the set are at most just slightly edited (added the watermark, cropped, resized, and maybe some tint or hue manipulation).