Last updated: 2015-02-20 22:01:31
Also available downloadable pdf.
Dedicated technology enthusiast. Thrives in high-intensity situations, enjoys crafting tools, and employing skills for problem solving. Passion for learning and sharing knowledge.
Full-time involvement with a close-knit team focusing on new technologies; to work on new software systems; to use process optimization and automation skills to tackle challenges.
Please refer to the contact information page.
Free Stream Media Corp / Samba TV
Senior Software Engineer
Dec. 2014 - Present (San Francisco, CA, USA)
- Currently working on code refactoring, implementing better monitoring and improving performance of core backend systems.
Mar. 2014 - Oct. 2014 (San Francisco, CA, USA)
- Worked on automating remote deployment of points of pressence (POPs); used Chef, and Ruby.
- Improved tools for performing software maintenances; used Perl, shell scripting, and Python.
- Developed tools for real-time monitoring of servers; used Erlang/Elixir.
- Documented and worked on standardizing software procedures and inter-team interactions.
Site Reliability Operations Engineer
Apr. 2012 - Feb. 2014 (Menlo Park, CA, USA)
- Migrated Facebook’s cache infrastructure machines from CFEngine2 to Chef.
- Implemented first monitoring and alarming systems for the cache invalidation pipeline.
- Handled system faults/alarms and expanded existing tools to automate repairs.
- Created tools for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues in the cache and frontend infrastructure; used Python, Ruby, and shell scripting.
- Participated in primary on-call rotation for Site Reliability team. First responder and point of contact for production problems or emergencies that could degrade user experience.
Claro - República Dominicana (formerly CODETEL)
Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Nov. 2008 - Apr. 2012 (Sto. Dgo., Dominican Republic)
- Automated issue detection, diagnosis, and repair processes for Production Support teams; used Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripting and PL/SQL.
- Migrated away from legacy Customer Relationship Management (C.R.M.) and ordering platforms as part of the platform substitution team.
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
Degree in Systems Engineering.
Oct. 2006 - Apr. 2011 (Sto. Dgo., Dominican Republic)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Intermediate knowledge of database programming with PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Systems administration of Unix and Unix-like systems, such as Solaris, Linux, and OpenBSD.
- Distributed source version control (Git and Mercurial).
- Document Typesetting using TeX and LaTeX2e.